Transformative actions. Together for Nature & People.
The Project renewed objectives are:
- To ease up the prompt uptake of strategic Global Biodiversity Framework’s components;
- To foster ambitious commitments and actions by key stakeholders for Nature and People.
Successful implementation of the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework will highly depend on the alignment of strategic actions for biodiversity and the mobilization of all stakeholders.
Since its launch at the 14th Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD COP 14) in Sharm-El Sheikh, the Project can be proud of its role in raising awareness and ambition for key elements in the framework’s draft among parties and other stakeholders, and fostering convergence and more visibility for the contributions of subnational and local governments, Youth and many others.
Moving ahead, it will keep creating synergies between – and for –:
- Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity and national governments.
- Civil Society including Women, Youth and Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities.
- Cities, Local and Subnational Governments.
- Private sector.
- Philanthropy and finance sector.
- Academia and science.
- International, governmental, and non-governmental organizations.
Part 2 of the CBD’s subsidiary bodies meetings and the Open-Ended Working Group 3 on the post-2020 global biodiversity framework is coming up in Geneva on 13-29 March 2022.
The Project is eager to bring on efforts to set up effective and transformative actions for nature and people together with all stakeholders.
Check out the Project coming activities:
Also check out the publications on key topics of the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework here