These webinars’ series help echoing and organizing the voice of local and subnational governments in the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) for advancing the Action Agenda for Nature and People and in the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF) development process.
The event showcased the Global Taskforce of Local and Regional Governments achievements over the 2nd Open-Ended Working Group Meeting including statements by ICLEI’s constituency and the overall implications of the draft Post 2020 GBF. Ingrid Coetzee, Senior Manager at ICLEI Cities Biodiversity Center, also recalled the achievements of the BIO2020 Brazilian Perspectives on the Post 2020 GBF event that came as an important milestone on the global advocacy roadmap for local and subnational governments.
Reflections on a transformative action agenda for biodiversity upheld the need to rethink urbanization as an opportunity – instead of a threat – to biodiversity and to acknowledge cities and SNGs’ key role in innovating – instead of merely implementing – for biodiversity multilevel governance.
Register to the next webinars by clicking on the links below:
- 16th April 2020 at 10am CAT and at 3pm CAT
- 14th May 2020 at 10am CAT and at 3pm CAT
- 4th June 2020 at 10am CAT and 3pm at CAT
- 23rd July 2020at 10am CAT and 3pm at CAT
- 20th August 2020 at 10am CAT and 3pm at CAT
- 17th September 2020 at 10am CAT and 3pm at CAT
- 8th October 2020 at 10am CAT and 3pm at CAT
- 5th November 2020 at10am CAT and 3pm CAT
- 3rd December 2020 at: 10am CATand 3pm CAT
Watch ICLEI’s Post 2020 webinars here.
Check ICLEI’s Local and Subnational Engagement Platform here.