This outreach programme is inclusively designed to support mutual understanding and cultural exchanges between European and Indian civil society, in its broadest sense: citizens, creators, think tanks, academia, private sector etc., on the topic of Nature and its many intricate links to human wellbeing. By showing that biodiversity and its loss are directly impacting human activities, health and our resilience, Lead the Green Change sets itself at the crossroad of bilateral relations, mobilization and awareness around two main focuses:
- The pragmatic, collective, socio-economic benefits of protecting, valuing and restoring biodiversity in land use and coastal areas, green infrastructures and nature based solutions.
- The personal, intimate, cultural and emotional relationship many of us feel with “Mother Nature”, and the amenity/well-being benefits of being an active part of those solutions.
“Biodiversity is a core priority of the EU’s external action: European Union is ready to show high ambition to halt and where possible reverse biodiversity loss, to lead the world by example and by action.” Michael Bucki, Counsellor, Head of Section. Delegation of the EU to India
After its official launch in April 2021, Lead the Green Change already organized a webinar on biodiversity and the business/industry sector, gathering over 60 representatives from companies, investors, international cooperation and business associations to underline the contributions of biodiversity and ecosystems services across value chains and sectors.
This represented the start of the Biodiversity means LIFE campaign covering many aspects of Nature and People’s relationship:
- Biodiversity means CLIMATE – Green is good to curb emissions and boos resilience
- Biodiversity means SAFE – Green is good to protect and restore health
- Biodiversity means BUSINESS – Green is good for creating jobs and attracting investment
Further, Lead the Green Change will implement a large communications strategy conveying positive narratives, stories and commitments to action for Nature.
- Delegation of the European Union to India
- Business Support to the EU-India Policy
- The Economics of Ecosystems & Biodiversity
- Global Business Inroads
- CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development
- CMS (Centre for Media Studies)
- Post-2020 Biodiversity Framework – EU Support
Learn more about this initiative here.