On 3 March 2021, Business for Nature and leading businesses held a webinar to share nine suggestions for strengthening the CBD’s Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF) with policymakers.
Building on its policy recommendations and an extensive consultation with partners and businesses, Business for Nature developed a position on the updated zero-draft of the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework.
“Business is a key actor in our common journey towards transformative change and sustainability.” Dr. Anne Larigauderie, Executive Secretary of IPBES
Businesses recognize the need for transformative change, and leading companies have come together to share nine key suggestions to strengthen the Framework’s ambition. Business for Nature’s position on the Framework was developed together with more than 100 businesses head-quartered in 31 countries, and businesses joined our event to share these nine suggestions with policymakers. Business leaders including Alice Durand-Reville, Danone, Marcelo Bicalho Behar, Natura &Co, Michael Koech, Safaricom, Keith Tuffley, Citi and Melissa Miners from Unilever, emphasized the vital need to strengthen the ambition of the GBF, because healthy societies, resilient economies and thriving businesses rely on nature.
- Alice Durand-Reville, Corporate Public Affairs Director at Danone
- Marcelo Bicalho Behar, Vice-President, Sustainability and Group Affairs at Natura &Co
- Michael Koech, Manager Environment and Climate Change at Safaricom
- Keith Tuffley, Vice Chairman and Senior International Advisor at Citi
- Melissa Miners, Global Sustainability Senior Manager at Unilever
- Alexander Shestakov, Director of our Science Division CBD secretariat
- Eva Zabey, Executive Director Business for Nature
- Stefan Leiner, Head of Unit Biodiversity, European Commission
- Victor Alvarado member of the CBD Informal Advisory Group on Mainstreaming, Government of Mexico
“The Post-2020 Framework is not just a framework for government – if we as a global community are to succeed, it must be fit for all, including the private sector. Business have a critical role to play.” Jane Stratford, Head of the United Kingdom CBD Delegation
Read more news here.
Watch Business For Nature webinar: