Representatives from Pavilion Partners and invited participants will reflect on experiences to date of best practice integration by conventions and at the national level, and identify opportunities for further synergies between the Post-2020 framework and other global processes. Participants will examine how to overcome barriers that have frustrated progress so far, and identify key elements needed in the Post-2020 framework to ensure practical steps are taken to promote integration at the global and national level. Key guiding questions will include:
● What are experiences and case studies we can draw on to learn lessons for improving synergies between key global processes?
● What are the opportunities for deepening synergies between the Post-2020 GBF and key global processes (ie key MEAs, SDGs)?
● What are the key elements we need in the Post-2020 GBF to deepen and strengthen synergies between the Post-2020 GBF and key global processes (in terms of targets and means of implementation)?
Key speakers were:
- Neville Ash, UNEP-WCMC
- Amy Fraenkel, CMS Executive Secretary
- Mundita Lim, ASEAN
- Sue Lieberman, Vice President, International Policy, WCS
- Liz Karan, Oceans Project Directo, Pew Charitable Trusts
- Melanie Heath, Director of Science, Policy and Information Birdlife International
- Ines Verleye, Biodiversity Expert, Government of Belgium
- Guido Schmidt-Traub, Executive Director, SDSN
- Joan Carling, Coordinator, Indigenous Peoples Major Stakeholder Group for the SDGs