From November 6th to 15th, GYBN hosts the second edition of its online Capacity-Building Training sessions. These trainings are a key component of our Youth Engagement Roadmap for the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF), and an enabling factor to make youth voices heard at CBD COP15.
Intergenerational equity, Youth.
During this training the participants will earn a deeper understanding of biodiversity challenges, explore what they can do themselves to address the socio-ecological crisis the world is currently facing, exchange ideas and perspectives with new friends around the world and get ready to train and mobilize their own communities for a coordinated youth action for the Post-2020 GBF.
The capacity building training will spread across 5 thematic sessions:
- November 6th: “Welcome and Introduction”. 135 participants took part to this opening session.
- November 7th: “All you need to know about biodiversity and its governance”
- November 8th: “Understanding the complexity of the Biodiversity Crisis and thinking of a way forward”
- November 14th: “Envisioning a Future with Biodiversity”
- November 15th: “The Path for Transformation Change and Action”.
The overall objective is to mobilize young people around the world for biodiversity, to create a community of values and practice, and push for meaningful engagement across all decision-making processes related to with the future of biodiversity, starting with the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework.
Our Project is glad to give its full support to this initiative that will further enable youth to speak up and take action at large for nature ahead of CBD COP15 next year.
Check out the full agenda here.